How to Link Pancard to Aadhar Card ? The last date for linking PAN with Aadhaar card has been extended from June 30, 2021 to September 30, with the government extending the deadline by three months.
According to the CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes), if the PAN is not linked to Aadhaar by September 30, the PAN card may be revoked and fines may be levied.
How to Link Pancard to Aadhar Card ?
- The Central Government has passed the Finance Bill 2021 in the Lok Sabha, which includes Section 234-H.
- It is mandatory to link PAN with the support under this section. If no link does. Provision has been made for punitive action
How do you know if there is a PAN link with Aadhaar?
You can find out if PAN is linked to your Aadhaar by visiting the Income Tax Department website or via SMS.
When you go to Incometax website www.incometaxindia.gov.in there will be a link support option in the quick link section. If you click on the option a new window will open.
It will say, “Click here to check the status of page linking with support.” Clicking will show you the status of your page and support.
If Aadhaar and Pan are not linked, fill out the form to link Pan with Aadhaar.
How to check via SMS?
- Send 12 digit Aadhaar number and page to 56767 or 56161 from your registered mobile to check via SMS.
- Information will be available shortly whether the page is linked to your support or not.
How to link a page with support?
According to the Unique Identification Authority of India’s website, you can link the PAN card to Aadhaar through the following process:
- Open Income Tax E-Filing Portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- If you have not already registered, register on it.
- Log-in by entering your ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to link the page to the base.
- If this does not happen, go to the menu bar and click on ‘Profile Settings‘ and then click on ‘Link Support’.
- The PAN details will already have details like your date of birth and gender.
- Compare the information on the Aadhaar card with the details that appear on the screen.
- If there is an error you need to correct the information in one of the two documents.
- If all the information is correct, type your Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Link Now’ button.
- A pop-up message will let you know that the base and the page have been linked.
Support and other option of linking PAN
You can also visit the website https://www.utiitsl.com/ or https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link PAN and support.
- Details such as date of birth and gender will be mentioned in advance in the page details.
- Compare the information you base with the details that appear on the screen. If there is an error you need to correct the information in one of the two documents.
- If all the information is the same, type your Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Link Now’ button.
What happens if Aadhaar and PAN are not linked?
Failure to link PAN with Aadhaar can lead to financial transactions.
- Other transactions including tax payment, TDS / TCS credit, income tax return may be affected.
- PAN and KYC are essential if you want to open a bank account, invest in a mutual fund or stock market.
- If PAN is not linked to Aadhaar, the bank may charge double.
- Anyone investing in a SIP can also have trouble. They cannot redeem or purchase a single unit.
- If the investment in SIP is more than Rs 50,000, the bank can impose a penalty of up to Rs 10,000.