All Bank Accounts Need To Be Linked To Aadhaar Check Online If Your Account Is Linked To Aadhaar
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaram on Tuesday directed banks to link all accounts with the Aadhaar number of their account holders by March 31, 2021. Many people do not know whether their account is connected to Aadhaar or not. If you don’t even know if your account is linked to Aadhaar, you can get it at home. Learn the process. All Bank Accounts Need To Be Linked To Aadhaar Check Online If Your Account Is Linked To Aadhaar
Here’s how to find out if there’s a link to Account
- ★ First, go to the official website of UIDAI uidai.gov.in
- ★ Then click on the ‘Aadhaar Services’ section and go to ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’.
- ★ As soon as you click on it, a new page will open. Here you will be asked for a 12 digit base number.
- ★ Fill in the space provided in the base number. A security code will then appear on the screen, after which the One Time Password (OTP) will appear on your registered mobile number.
- ★ Now you have to enter the OTP and log in again.
- ★ If your bank account is linked to Aadhaar, you will get a congratulatory message – “Congratulations! Your Bank Aadhaar Mapping has been done ”
SBI users will be able to link online in this way
- ★ Login to www.onlinesbi.com
- ★ Go to “Link your Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts” on the left side of the screen.
- ★ Now on the second page select the account number, enter the base number, and click submit.
- ★ The last 2 digits of your registered mobile number (it cannot be changed) will appear.
- ★ Mapping status information will be provided on your registered mobile number.
- ★ For this process, you have to register for internet banking.
Link bank account with Aadhaar through ATM
- ★ If you have not yet registered for internet banking, you can link the account with online support using your ATM cum debit card details.
- ★ For that go to ATM and swipe your card and enter your PIN.
- ★ Click on the “Registrations” option in the “Services” menu
- ★ Now select the “Aadhaar Registration” option
- ★ Select the type of account (Saving / Current) and enter your 12 digit base number.
- ★ Re-enter the base number and click on the “OK” button
- ★ You will receive a message as soon as your Aadhaar is linked to your bank account
Advantages of linking bank account with Aadhaar
According to the Supreme Court decision, your account does not need to be linked to the Aadhaar number. But the amount received under pension, LPG subsidy, or government schemes now comes only in the direct bank account. But to take advantage of it you need to be linked to your bank account support.All Bank Accounts Need To Be Linked To Aadhaar Check Online If Your Account Is Linked To Aadhaar